|Sunrise Children's Village Nepal|
|AWF Architect:||David Anderson|
|Nepalese Architect:||Praj Designer and Planners|
|Urban Designer:||David Lock & Associates|
|Client :||Sunrise Children's Association|
|Current Status :||Contract documentation underway|
The Sunrise Children's village aims to design and build a sustainable children's village with the following buildings and spaces:
• Children's hostels
• Staff offices & accommodation
• Volunteer accommodation
• Amphitheatre & open spaces
• Animal & vegetable areas
• Community Facilities – training centre & garden
• School & community facilities
With the design complete and fundraising undertaken, Sunrise childrens association have engaged Praj Designer & planners in Nepal to complete contract documentation, arrange for tenders & administer the contract.
Construction will commence in November 2011.
• Client consultations throughout process
• Design workshops with David Klingberg from David Lock & Assoc
• Site visit & photo mapping & measure in Nepal
• Design workshops with Nepalese Architect
• Developing of design in Australia with David Lock & Assoc & Nepalese Architect
• Generation of 3D model & Marketing images
There are currently no positions available for this project, but please keep checking back! In the meantime, if you'd like to stay up to date with current AWF positions and projects, please become an Architects Without Frontiers Member, or follow us on facebook or twitter.
AWF INVITES YOU TO
Help us to continue delivering health and education projects to vulnerable communities across the Asia Pacific Region by making a one off donation below.
2. JOIN AWF SUPPORTER NETWORK
Architects without Frontiers is building a network of key partners to enable us to continue delivering humanitarian projects in a sustainable way. Email us to find out how you can get involved.